Tidbits from a Camping Trip

Wow, it has been long, eh? I know, I promised that I'd be writing regularly but no points for guessing that it never materialized. I have a lot to say, yet again; from some shattering revelations to a lovely camping experience at the start of the year itself.

I shall save the revelations for the next time and tell you more about the camping part. Well, it was a first; first time camping, first time being away from home for seven days (starting from the first day of February)! Honestly, before the trip I was skeptical that I might get home-sick in a few days (well, that's what happened on my last trip away from home which was for a few days) but surprisingly I didn't feel like coming back home this time!

My time there at the camp was crazy, right from the day one. For this, all the credit must go to our former NSS leaders; it were their out-of-the-box ideas and go-for-it attitude that helped the campers break out of their shell and embrace whatever the seven days brought with wide open arms.

It has been quite sometime now, so I don't exactly remember the day's order, nevertheless, I can tell you that we indulged in all sorts of camping activities; be it gazing at a star-studded night sky, trekking up a hillock to appreciate the mountains surrounding us on all four sides, soaking up in the river, narrating ghost stories (and pulling up pranks, afterwards), creating toothpaste art (oh, come on, it is mandatory!), visiting the neighbouring tribal villages, lighting up a campfire, indulging in late night chit-chats (and arguments) and just relaxing (napping under a tree, in my case).

I did click a lot of pictures too, yet, I'm sharing pictures of only things and people I grew fond of during my time there due to personal nature of other pictures. Have a look, maybe?

Made a friend, yay!

This pair of socks, love!

The lotus ponds throughout the camping complex

The place under the tree where I napped, regularly.

The Sky, my love.

I know this was, er...brief, but in my defense I'm a sleepy girl trying to put up whatever she can in her sleepy state. So for now, take care till the next.

Comments

  1. ... and waiting for more pics. :) Enjoyed reading. Write more when you are rested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey